MARTA Police offers an internship program for students in undergraduate, graduate and law school programs. This program aims to give students the opportunity to gain practical experience in law enforcement. Students participate in a quasi-training program that takes them through each of MARTA Police's service areas. And, when possible, students are assigned to work on specific projects that are tailored to their specific areas of interest.
The application and selection process for the MARTA Police Internship Program includes the following:
- All interns must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter, a resume and the Departments Internship Applicant form. Contact information for school advisor, required service hours and two references should be included.
- Applicants must submit a notarized MARTA Consent Form for a criminal history check with their application packages.
- MARTA Police personnel will conduct interviews with potential candidates.
- The Chief of Police will make the final decision.
- Interns will be selected based on:
- Chief of Police approval
All interested applicants must complete an application, a criminal history consent form and submit them with a cover letter and resume. For more information, contact the community outreach department at 404-848-3670.
Application Deadline Dates: Fall— July 1, Spring/Winter—December 1, Summer— April 1