Bringing a Bike? No Problem.
Wheels Are Welcome on MARTA
We’ve set out to make MARTA a bike-friendly part of Atlanta. No matter your commute, bringing your bike on MARTA is easy and convenient — the perfect way to shake up your commute and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Every bus has storage racks for two bikes
- Our trains offer plenty of room for both you and your bike
- Elevator access and widened walkways mean our stations accommodate bikes of all makes and sizes
- MARTA stations offer bike storage free of charge — just bring a lock and find an open spot
- There are bike racks and bike fix-it kiosks at 37 rail stations (excluding Airport).
Rules for Riding
- Avoid boarding trains that are already full
- Keep your bicycle out of the aisle and away from any doors
- Use elevators instead of escalators when entering and leaving the station
- Walk your bicycle through the station
- Place your bike on the front rack of a MARTA bus — space is first come first served (two per bus)
- Hook the safety bar over your bike when loading it on the rack.
- Before exiting the bus, remind the driver that you need to retrieve your bike